CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Cheater's Weekend!


With my birthday being on Oct. 29th and my husband and I's 11th anniversary on Nov. 6th we decided to head off down to Dallas and splurge on some luxury resort pampering and decadent ethnic food! We both love to experience different flavors of the world and this place we visited, the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, was a 5 star hotel with a world-trained chef. He has traveled the world being trained by masters everywhere! We had a 6 course meal plus 2 appetizers and a dessert. It was all included in the price we paid, we didn't order it separately. Everything was soooo divine!! My palette has never loved me more.


Unfortunately, I lost my camera in Dallas and I have very few pictures to share with you. I can't remember all we ate therefore, I won't give a detailed nutritionally factual menu for the 1st or 2nd of November.

And now for your pleasure and enjoyment:

2 tiered tray of h'or'dourves served a good 30 minutes before the actual meal.

Progression of Beau Soleil oysters. We've never eaten oysters before in our lives!! They were so much better than I imagined!


Gently steamed Maine shellfish in a bouillabaisse consomme.

Striped bass with roasted sweet onion broth, onion puree, Texas prawns and a crispy onion ring.

Truffle crusted tenderloin of Texas veal and crispy sweetbread, scented with brown butter and bay laurel.

Japanese Kobe and white tuna surf and turf with kimchi butter.

Salt crusted Elysian Farms lamb, braised collard greens and potato puree.
Mansion Brulee 2.0. Creme Brulee ice cream, Breton, caramel 2 ways, raspberry spheres.
And breakfast the next morning: plain nonfat yogurt, fresh seasonal berries, skim milk, freshly squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice, toast with butter and jam and my husband enjoyed a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal. I was in heaven!

0 comments: