CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ok...

So, life is crazy. And I am one that usually requires a schedule.
I haven't had a schedule as of late. So, therefore, I have slacked on my blog updating duties.
To my followers and visitors, I apologize.

As a general update I have begun a rigorous workout schedule. I am going to school to become an EMT, then I'm on to paramedic school. So, in light of my job's physical requirements, I felt compelled to gain some muscle mass, rather than just be thin.

In gaining a balance between thin and muscular I have increased my caloric intake and my workout regime has become more rigid and demanding. I life weights every day for an hour or 2 and I run 1.5-2 miles daily, whether outside or on a treadmill.

With that said, I can obviously eat more and still stay within my weight goals because I'm burning more calories with my workout. My meals usually don't go over 400 calories each and I eat every 3 hours. My daily schedule is something like this:

Breakfast: 6 am (400 cal)
Mid-Morning snack: 9 am (200 cal)
Lunch: 12 pm (400 cal)
Mid-afternoon snack: 3 pm (100-200 cal)
Dinner: 6 pm (400 cal)
Dessert: 7 pm (less than 200 cal)

I still stick with my limited dessert intake and I don't eat anything after 7 pm. As you can see, my average daily calorie intake is only about 1700-1800. This is still a reasonable amount even if you're not exercising as strenuously as I am every day. It all depends on WHAT is making those calories add up!

My menu for today:

Breakfast - 6 am
1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 cup dried tropical trail mix (Good Sense. It only has 3g of sugar.)
1 Nature's Own 100 calorie Multi-Grain english muffin with spray butter and 1 Tbl. of Polander All fruit spread.

Nutritional Info: 360 calories, 14g fat, 2.5 sat. fat, 365 mg sodium, 49g carbs, 0 chl., 18g. sugar (8 g come from fruit/fruit juice), 15g protein.

Snack: 10 am
2 oatmeal raisin cookies from Schwan's
(220 cal., 6g fat, 3g sat. fat, 20mg chl., 200mg sodium, 36g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g protein) for both

Lunch: 12 pm
Chicken Bacon and Ranch Flatbread Melt from Schwan's
(210 cal., 8g fat, 3.5g sat. fat, 15mg chl., 490mg sodium, 25g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g sugar, 10g protein)
Jello Sugar-free rice pudding
(70 cal., 2g fat, 1.5g sat. fat, 10mg chl., 180mg sodium, 13g carbs, 0g sugar, 2g protein)

Mid-afternoon snack and dinner (no dessert tonight as I had cookies for my snack) will be on the road. We are leaving for a weekend getaway tonight and won't be back till Sunday evening. So, I'll see you all on Monday!

0 comments: