CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27th Menu

Breakfast 7:30 am:

Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal with fat-free milk.


I love all of Kashi's cereals. Kashi is a great brand if you're looking for healthier protein packed foods. However, not ALL of Kashi's items are great choices. Some of their frozen meals are low in calories but are packed with sodium! Sodium will make you feel fuller longer but bloats you and is horrible for your heart! I love their cookies, Stone Ground/Rosemary Crackers, waffles and cereals, though!

Lunch 1 pm:
My own Grilled Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Wrap (recipe follows) with 1 slice fresh pineapple, a handful of grapes and a chunk of fresh watermelon.


Ingredients:
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Garlic & Herb tortilla
3 oz. Tyson fully cooked grilled chicken breast strips (plain, NOT southwest flavor!)
1 slice Veggie Slices American Flavor
3 slices avocado
2 slices Oscar Mayer Ready Bacon, cooked

Place veggie slice and chicken on tortilla. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese melts. Top with cooked bacon and avocado slices. Roll and enjoy!
Nutritional facts: 190 Calories, 12.5g fat, 2.5g sat. fat, 10mg Chl., 600mg sodium, 14g carbs, 11g fiber (nice!), 3g sugar, 14g protein
SO satisfying!

Dinner 6 pm:
Khan's Fire custom bowl. I put chicken in my bowl, (no steak, sausage or meatballs. Sure, they add protein but they also add unnecessary fat. Stick with the low-fat, high-protein chicken). I season it with garlic pepper and Key West (NO salt or garlic salt). The veggies I add include but are not limited to: onions, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions and pineapple. My sauce of choice is a menagerie of Bourbon, Chile Garlic, Szechwan, Teriyaki , General Khan'sand lots of Peanut Curry! Be sure to steer clear of anything that has the letters S-O-Y on it! I will sometimes get no starch to keep the meal super light, but if you want it more filling go with 1/2 the noodles or steamed white rice and skip the fried rice altogether.

Udon noodles are a wheat-based starch with a good deal of protein unlike the steamed rice which gives you a full tummy but no real nutritional gain. The choice is yours.
I couldn't tell you what the nutritional info is on this if my life depended on it. Sorry guys!

Workout:
Let me just say that I can't do these! I have only just begun them and you would laugh if you saw me! I just hang from them, trying desperately to pull myself up, but it's all in vain. However, I know the more I practice, the stronger I will get and the better they will look. One day, I may show you. But it won't be anytime soon!
  Targets: Latissimus dorsi
   How-to: Grasp the bar with a wide, overhand grip. Pull yourself up toward the bar, leading with your chest and keeping your elbows drawn down and back. Squeeze your shoulder blades together as hard as you can and then slowly return to the starting position. To complete the range of motion, the upper arms should be fully extended on every repetition but do not lock your elbows. Do 5 slow reps.

2. Reverse Flye           
   Targets: Trapezius, posterior deltoids
   How-to: Stand with your feet together and bend over until your back is flat and parallel to the  floor. Hold a 5-8 lb. dumbbell in each hand, palms facing in. With a slight bend in your        elbows, squeeze your shoulder blades and raise your upper arms until they are parallel to the    floor. Pause and then slowly lower them to the starting position. Do 10 reps.

3. Deadlift (I pull out the heavier weights for these to really feel the effect!)
   Targets: Hamstrings
   How-to: Begin with your feet together and a 10-12 lb. dumbbell in each hand. Maintaining your balance, bend forward at the waist and lower the dumbbells down your shins toward the floor. Allow your hamstrings to stretch completely before returning to the starting position. Do 15 reps.

   Targets: gastrocnemius
   How-to: Stand with the balls of your feet on a raised platform (such as your stairs) so that your heels and arches extend off the edge, and hold onto a wall or railing for balance. Flex your ankles to raise your heels as high as you can off the platform, and then lower until you feel a stretch in your calves. Do 15 reps.

Repeat these sets 2 more times. 

By having a rest day the day before, today's workout is not as strenuous as the others, just so your body can get back into the swing of things for tomorrow!

*Keep in mind: The exercises I do are designed for me to maintain my weight now. If you are looking to lose weight you need to add weights and/or more reps. You could also do a cardio routine every other day with the sets I list here daily for maximum effect! 

0 comments: